Zum Hauptinhalt springen
Thema: Moby (23143-mal gelesen) Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema
0 Benutzer und 1 Gast betrachten dieses Thema.

Moby

Neues Moby: :)

Zitat
i've decided to start work on the next record

as the touring starts to wind down ('wind' like a watch, not like air blowing) i've decided to start work on the next record. and after a lot of thought i've decided to do a predominantly orchestral and acoustic record (because i clearly haven't done enough to kill my career already...).

there might be a few electronic elements on the record, but my hope is to have 99% (or more) of the record being made orchestrally and acoustically. it's a very different approach to making a record for me, clearly, as most of my records have been made in my bedroom studio by me and a couple of friends with some weird equipment i've picked up over the years.

for this record, though, i'll hopefully be working in older, more traditional acoustic and orchestral studios in new york and los angeles, with acoustic guitars and orchestral strings and piano and guest vocalists. at present i'm in california in a rental house figuring out which songs to work on. and right now it looks as if the album will be a combination of some new songs, some older obscure songs, and a few older well known songs.

and as this is a very different way for me to make a record i'm going to be documenting it and putting up demo's and video here, so you can see (if you're interested) how the record is being made, while it's being made.

i think we'll put the record out in about a year, so for the next year i'm going to focus on writing and recording, and documenting the process. it should be a weird process, as i have no idea what's going to be involved.

i will do my best to document it as honestly as possible, although i might edit out some bits where i look really old or fat. and maybe i'll include a daily 'very stupid thing i did today'. todays: i went to walk outside and accidentally walked into a screen door, giving me a fantastic screen-shaped abrasion on my shiny forehead.

here's photo #1: me with a business card that was given to me. it's a business card with a unicorn skeleton and a boom box. i thought it was nice. i'm in the office of the little house i've rented, thus the calculator and office lamp in the background.

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #1
Akustische Gitarre, Orchester-Streicher, Klavier und Gastsänger.
Ein Mix aus neuen, alten obscuren und älteren bekannten Liedern.

Habe es auch im Blog gelesen, Reinhold. Na da freue ich mich doch auch riesig!!! :freude:

hajo

Moby

Antwort #2
klingt gut :)

gruß, Z

Moby

Antwort #3
Jau, klingt gut!

Wobei mir allerdings einfällt, dass ich endlich mal "Wait For Me" richtig anhören sollte....so wirklich kenn ich das ja immer noch nicht *schäm*

xxSimone

Moby

Antwort #4
Neues vom little idiot!!!

Zitat
On May 17th, Moby will release 'Wait For Me. Remixes!', an album consisting of reworked versions of tracks from the critically acclaimed 'Wait For Me', released through Moby’s label 'Little Idiot' last year. Moby has enlisted some of dance music's biggest names for the project including Tiesto, Laidback Luke, Gui Boratto, and Carl Cox

Download the free mashups including all remixes from the 'Wait For Me' here:
http://waitformeremixes.com

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #5
Zitat
The main thing that inspired me doing this mix was the incredibly touching lyrics. I could really feel the pain behind them, of somebody's life, in the way they had been sung. Because of this I decided to do a mix that would retain the intensity of that emotion. I kept things deep and stripped back and used the orchestral sections to heighten the sombre mood of the vocal. I guess I was really trying to create something that could be listened to easily at home as well as in the warm up hours of a club and be able to make others connect with what the track is saying lyrically.

Walk With Me (John Rundell Deep Mix) by thelittleidiot

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #6
Neues vom Little Idiot

Zitat
I wanted to share some of the things i've been listening to that have been inspiring me while making this record

so, i'm just in the process of finishing up my next album.

i don't know when it will be finished, nor do i know when it will be released. but, and maybe this is an egregiously bad idea, i wanted to share some of the things i've been listening to that have been inspiring me while making this record. and i'm not suggesting that my next album will be as good as any of the things that have inspired me. but here are a bunch of things that have been listening to while i've been making my next record.

(this is a youtube playlist. use the arrow buttons to skip to the next track)

-moby

Gute Songs in der Liste :-) Tuxedomoon, OMD, Simple Minds, Heaven 17, This Mortal Coil/Cocteau Twins, Derrick May, Wall Of Voodoo und der NYC Rentner

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #7
Zitat
der NYC Rentner
hähä... wer das wohl ist...? ;)

gruß, Z

Moby

Antwort #8
Zitat
Zitat
der NYC Rentner
hähä... wer das wohl ist...? ;)

gruß, Z

der in dieser Einzelzelle schmort...  :cry:

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #9
...vielleicht kratzt er ja mit den Fingernägeln Songtexte in den Putz...

Gruß, Z :roll:

Today we put up my last album, 'wait for me' on mobygratis

Antwort #11
Moby gibt sein "Wait for Me" zum Download frei!

Zitat
As some of you might know, i have a website called mobygratis:

http://www.mobygratis.com

it provides free film music for indie and student and non-profit filmmakers.

today we put up my last album, 'wait for me' (which features prominently in academy award nominated 'waste land', as well as paul haggis' last movie 'the next 3 days') on mobygratis.

so if you're an independent or student or non-profit filmmaker (or all 3, as the case often is) who needs free music you can now use the songs from 'wait for me', as well as the other 100 or so pieces of music up on the site.

free music for indie, student, and non-profit films.

moby

:bindafür:  :respekt:  :zustimm:

Reinhold

Moby

Antwort #12
wow! Das ist ja schön..!

Sehr nett!

[size=0px](ob er nicht mal seinem Nachbarn in NY in den A** treten kann?) [/size]

gruß,  Z

Moby

Antwort #13
Ebenso  :zustimm:!!!

[size=0px](auch zum Kleingedruckten) ;)[/size]

Moby

Antwort #14
Nachricht von Moby (thelittleidiot) auf twitter:

in 7 days i'm going to announce details for my next record and book. so, this is an announcement of an announcement. which is kind of absurd

Tja, anders als sein Nachbar ist Moby also wieder sehr aktiv. Ein neues Moby-Album ist auf jeden Fall etwas worauf ich mich freue. Und vermutlich wird er mit seinem Buch (keine Ahnung worüber er eins schreibt aber das werden wir dann wohl bald erfahren) auch schneller fertig sein als ein gewisser anderer Herr...

miss peculiar

Simple Audio Video Embedder