Zum Hauptinhalt springen
Thema: Verstorben 2020 (8592-mal gelesen) Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema
0 Benutzer und 1 Gast betrachten dieses Thema.

Antw.: Verstorben 2020

Antwort #15
 :o
Die waren doch gerade auf Asien+Australien -Tour... 

R.I.P. Andy..  :'(  

Gruß, Z

Antwort #16
Der nächste Gitarrist

Ivan Kral gestorben, der Patti-Smith-Gitarrist (z.B. der Song "Dancing Barefoot") und schrieb zusammen mit Iggy "Bang Bang".

R.I.P. Ivan :'(

Reinhold

Antwort #17
oh je...  :'(
Einer der allerletzten aus der alten Garde...

Im Alter von 103 Jahren: Hollywood-Legende Kirk Douglas gestorben - Kultur -...

Kirk Douglas ist tot: Trauer um Hollywood-Star und Vater von Michael Douglas...

aber... 103...  ist schon ein Alter... .

R.I.P. Kirk Douglas.

Gruß, Z

Antwort #18
R.I.P. :(

Antwort #19
Ein Schock für mich...R.I.P. Andy

This is so hard for us to write, but our great friend and Supreme Leader has died today.

Andy’s final tour in November was the only way he was ever really going to bow out; with a Stratocaster around his neck, screaming with feedback and deafening the front row.

His uncompromising artistic vision and commitment to the cause meant that he was still listening to mixes for the upcoming record, whilst planning the next tour from his hospital bed.

But to us, he was our friend - and we’ll remember him for his kindness and generosity, his fearsome intelligence, bad jokes, mad stories and endless cups of Darjeeling tea. He just so happened to be a bit of a genius too.

One of the best to ever do it, his influence on guitar music and the creative process was inspiring for us, as well as everyone who worked alongside him and listened to his music. And his albums and production work speak for themselves. Go give ‘em a spin for him...

Love you mate.

John, Thomas and Tobias
GANG OF FOUR

Gail Ann Dorsey zum Tod von Andy Gill
·

The first sound you hear on the first track of my very first solo album is the sound of Andy Gill’s current and distinctive guitar… creeping in from the silence, crescendoing into a whirring, pulsating, soaring Stratocaster tornado as the rhythm section of Steve Ferrone on drums and Nathan East on bass break into the signature riff of the title track ‘The Corporate World’… and the adventure begins…

My A&R rep at WEA Records in London back in 1987 suggested bringing in Andy Gill to add some guitar on the recordings sessions for my album ‘The Corporate World’. No persuasion necessary, I was thrilled! As a lifelong devotee to the almighty Church of Guitar, I am always excited and inspired by guitarists who have created a voice, a vocabulary, a territory all their own with this magnificent instrument. Andy Gill was just such a guitarist and much more.

In the early nineties, Andy would invite me to contribute some vocals and bass on the 1991 Gang Of Four album release ‘Mall’. It was on that session that I met the wonderful Louise Goffin with whom I still share a loving and mutually inspiring creative friendship. On the release of ‘Mall’, came the big, big fun of playing bass and singing in the Gang Of Four touring band on their USA tour in support of that album! (It was with Gang Of Four that I first performed on the hallowed stage of New York City’s Radio City Music Hall in 1992 on a bill with Public Enemy and Sisters Of Mercy!)

I have been blessed with many special memories and musical milestones that have come from the bright, brilliant, and ever ingenious mind of Andy Gill; not to mention the hours of fun and laughter in the company of his particular biting-wit, relentlessly dry sense of humour, and totally endearing sarcasm. Aside from being grateful for him sharing his vibrant talents, loving support, and the impressive body of music he (and his fellow band members) leaves for us all, I will always most admirer and respect the staunch integrity, the passionate focus, and the unstoppable drive that Andy possessed when it came to his music… An indisputable affirmation of what it truly means to be an artist… Take heed, young music warriors...

Our Dear Andy, you will be missed, you are Loved…

Antwort #20
Lyle Mays ist verstorben. Er war Mitbegründer der Pat Metheny Group. Gemeinsam mit Bowie und Metheny schrieb er auch "This is not America" mit.

R.I.P. Lyle :'(

Antwort #21

There was a time
A storm that blew so pure

A little piece of you
The little peace in me
Will die...

Da hat ein Christkindl heute schon den Tod von Pat Matheny verkündet.   ;)

Antwort #22
Der Regisseur und Kameramann Joseph Vilsmaier, durch Filme wie "Herbstmilch" und "Comedian Harmonists" bekannt, ist im Alter von 81 Jahren gestorben.

Regisseur Joseph Vilsmaier ist tot - Kultur - SZ.de

Antwort #24
Ein Schock für mich...R.I.P. Andy

This is so hard for us to write, but our great friend and Supreme Leader has died today.

Andy’s final tour in November was the only way he was ever really going to bow out; with a Stratocaster around his neck, screaming with feedback and deafening the front row.

His uncompromising artistic vision and commitment to the cause meant that he was still listening to mixes for the upcoming record, whilst planning the next tour from his hospital bed.

But to us, he was our friend - and we’ll remember him for his kindness and generosity, his fearsome intelligence, bad jokes, mad stories and endless cups of Darjeeling tea. He just so happened to be a bit of a genius too.

One of the best to ever do it, his influence on guitar music and the creative process was inspiring for us, as well as everyone who worked alongside him and listened to his music. And his albums and production work speak for themselves. Go give ‘em a spin for him...

Love you mate.

John, Thomas and Tobias
GANG OF FOUR

Im neuen RS März 2020

Reinhold

Antwort #25
Burkhard Driest ist im Alter von 80 Jahren verstorben.

Antwort #26
Bankräuber

Antwort #27
Natürlich - Richtig so.
Banken sind staatlich konzessionierte Betrüger.

Antwort #28
Natürlich - Richtig so.
Banken sind staatlich konzessionierte Betrüger.
Genau so! Der Bankräuber holt das Geld zurück, was die Banken vorher mit ihren Cum Cum- Betrug vom Steuerzahler gestohlen hat. Wie sang Roger Waters so schön in "In the Flesh"? "Get them up against the wall!"

Antwort #29
Mit meinem Kommentar habe ich keine Huldigung ausgesprochen.

Simple Audio Video Embedder