Zum Hauptinhalt springen
Thema: Gail Ann Dorsey (4632-mal gelesen) Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema
0 Benutzer und 1 Gast betrachten dieses Thema.

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #1
Ja, November 2004 im Melkweg in Amsterdam, sie hat damals dem holländischen Voyeur-Magazin ein Interview gegeben, am nächsten Abend hab ich sie im Gloria-Theater in Köln gesehen:

Re: GAIL ANN DORSEY

Antwort #2
Gail über das Bassspiel und Frauen in der Musikwelt.

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Stop on By

Antwort #3
Sssschön...

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #4
Zitat
Greetings my fellow Bowie lovers! While things may be a bit quiet for me on the DB front at the moment, I am happy to say I have been keeping myself busy with a variety of fun and challenging musical escapades. I had the pleasure to take part in the new Suzanne Vega album (along with some of my groovy Bowie band mates!), throw down some kickin’ background vocals with Amy Helm and another Bowie band alumni, Catherine Russell, on singer Joan Osborne’s up coming release, revisit my roots as “the electric guitar player in the band” for my talented friend and neighbour Simi Stone, as well as enjoying my time in the bass chair for the groove master Lenny Kravitz.

Speaking of my talented friends and neighbors here in The Hudson Valley of New York, I have recently laid down some bass tracks (and am poised to add some vocals soon!) on a super cool musical project called Satellite Paradiso. This is the new album currently in the making from John Ashton, the original guitarist of The Psychedelic Furs. John has assembled a formidable collection of musicians to bring to life his beautifully inspired compositions, and what I have been a part of so far sounds fresh, fearless, and fabulous! Everyone involved with Satellite Paradiso is as excited as I am, and we all want to see the project to it’s much deserved completion. I am reaching out to all you music lovers and supporters for whom the music of The Psychedelic Furs, and the distinctive, hypnotic guitar stylings of John Ashton have played a part in the soundtrack of your lives. I know it has played a big part in mine, and I am happy to have the opportunity to show my love and appreciation. Here's a chance for you to do the same!

Visit http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/satelliteparadiso for all the information you need to keep yourself in the loop, show your love, make a pledge, and make it happen for all of us! Thank you everybody! Happy New Year! May God Bless…

Gail Ann Dorsey x o

Beste Grüße

Reinhold

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #5
ei, schau an... gerade läuft  "Wetten dass"  im  Glotz, wo ich kaum hinschaue..... 
....und es tritt Lenny Kravitz auf... und... steht da nicht Tante Gail mit auf der Bühne...? 8)

Gruß, Z

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #6
Zitat
ei, schau an... gerade läuft  "Wetten dass"  im  Glotz, wo ich kaum hinschaue..... 
....und es tritt Lenny Kravitz auf... und... steht da nicht Tante Gail mit auf der Bühne...? 8)

Gruß, Z

Oh, hab es auch laufen, aber da war ich wohl gerade nicht im gleichen Raum, wie der Fernseher  :(

LG
Petra

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #7
Zitat
Gruß, Z

Ich bin auch nach dem Umschalten drauf getroffen. EHRLICH  :twisted:

"Tante Gail" wird ja auch nicht jünger und hat das aber mit dieser tollen Brille  schön kaschiert.

Musikalisch zupft sie immer noch nen flotten Darm.

KlausD

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #8
Zitat
nen flotten Darm
  :rofl:

DAS kann man auch anders.. (:D) ...verstehen... .  :razz:

[OT]
Zitat
nach dem Umschalten drauf getroffen
ja, ich wollt auch lieber Star Trek gucken... aber den Film kenn ich schon und den gibt's morgen nochmal... und die Werbung nervt außerdem...

Naja... so kam ich dann noch in das zweifelhafte Vergnügen, den Auftritt von  Tokio Hotel zu sehen...  war aber ein eher ödes Lied... 80erSynthie-Kaka...  *schnarch* ... schade. Hätte ihnen mehr zugetraut.
[size=0px](jaaa., ich gesteh's... ich bin zwar kein Fan von denen, besitze auch kein Album.... aber habe die Karriere durchaus wohlwollend verfolgt...) [/size]

So, und Wolfgang Joop redete, als wär beim letzten Lifting was zu straff gespannt worden (oder hat er irgendein gesundheitliches Problem?).

[/OT]

Gruß, Z

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #9
Zitat
ja, ich wollt auch lieber Star Trek gucken...

OT:
Es gab ja auch noch den ganz tollen Film "Der seltsame Fall des Benjamin Button", aber das habe ich zu spät mitbekommen :(  (habe ihn ja im Kino gesehn.)
LG
Petra

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #10
Zitat
Zitat
nen flotten Darm
  :rofl:

DAS kann man auch anders.. (:D) ...verstehen... .  :

Gruß, Z

Stimmt, aber in meiner Generation gab es Redewendungen dieser Art.

Ich dachte wirklich an die Saiten ihres Basses, Saite/Saitling =Darm.
Saiten wurden aus Tierdärmen hergestellt.

Aber deine Assoziation ist funny.

KlausD

Natürlich hast du das gewußt.

Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #12
:(

oh je... las gerade auf fb, dass Gails Hund "Luna" im Alter von 18 Jahren verstorben ist....

R.I,P.

gruß, Z

Antw.: Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #13
Interview mit Gail Ann Dorsey
Neues Album geplant für nächstes Frühjahr!

Zitat von: Guitars Exchange
A woman of style and substance
By Paul Rigg

American Gail Ann Dorsey is perhaps best known as David Bowie’s long-term bass guitarist, but she is also a singer and multi-instrumentalist who has worked with an incredible range of top artists that include: Eric Clapton, Tears for Fears, INXS, Gwen Stefani, The The, Boy George, the B52s, Lou Reed, NIN, and many more.
She has released three solo albums and is currently working on her fourth...  

...GAD:  Well I haven’t had a recording contract since the early 90s – the last record I did I paid for myself and pretty much made my money back on Bowie’s Reality tour and my concerts. The record company deals never worked great for me; I don’t really want that restriction. I just want to make a record I want to make. I just bought a house and moved in this March and I don’t have the money to invest, so I am happy to turn to crowdfunding like many of my colleagues; it’s the only way I can do it at the moment. 
The campaign will be launched in November.....

...I can’t remember how David got the number, he must have called my management in New York and found out where I was. ....
...He always knew what the outcome was going to be when we were recording or learning something for the first time. I often thought ‘I have no idea where he is going to take this’ – but he would give you a basic outline of something and just let you instinctively play a particular riff. He was more about saying what he didn’t want than what he did. His art, his skill, his incredible genius, came from knowing how to choose the right people – he could see in me what I could never see in myself as a musician, ever....

....Bryan Ferry?   (Silence) Strange! (laughs) Strange guy, very nice as well, but that experience, I just remember feeling like he was super-sensitive and I had to protect him.....

MEHR:
http://guitarsexchange.com/...gail-ann-dorsey/

Gibt es die Crowdfunding-Seite schon?

gruß, Z

Antw.: Gail Ann Dorsey

Antwort #14
Oh interessant. Die gute Gail :)

Da würde ich sicher auch ein wenig beisteuern ;)

Simple Audio Video Embedder